On today’s show I have Isabel Foxen Duke, who is of Stop Fighting Food—a free video training program for women who want to “stop feeling crazy around food.” After years of trying to overcome emotional eating, binge-eating and chronic weight-cycling through traditional and alternative approaches, Isabel discovered some radical new ways to get women over their “food issues” once and for all—not just by shifting the mindsets of individuals, but by challenging the dominant diet culture as a whole. A fixture and thought-leader in the greater body-positive movement, Isabel has been featured in the Huffington Post, Elle Magazine, XOJane, and has been praised by Ricki Lake. Her writing and free guide, How To Not Eat Cake…really fast, standing up, when nobody’s looking, can be found at www.isabelfoxenduke.com and you can watch her free video training series at www.stopfightingfood.com.
Things we chat about in this episode:
- How Isabel got into this work.
- Is emotional eating something we should work to overcome?
- How to reframe emotional eating.
- The difference between emotional eating and binge eating.
- Why “binge eating” shows up in our relationship with food.
- The difference between mental and physical restriction.
- A deep conversation on the illusion of control.